5-Star Valet Parking, Shuttle and Traffic Direction Services in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area including Marin, Napa and Sonoma counties.
Please take a few minutes to ask yourself these questions or better still, ask these questions of anyone representing their qualifications when you are contemplating this type of service.
We want you to be informed and Westpark believes that you will share the certainty that our Company provides the best, safest and most reliable parking service available.
If the answer to any of the foregoing questions is "NO", you may incur losses and liabilities ranging from embarrassment or disappointment to financial catastrophe. The conduct of parking operations is essential to the projection of quality and protection of your guests' property. We respectfully suggest that you give careful consideration to your attendant parking requirements, and evaluate the alternatives, contractors, and regulations in your particular area. The time thus invested will be justified in your peace of mind.
1. IS THE CONTRACTOR'S QUOTE BASED UPON A SITE PREVIEW?
Only by considering all aspects of your particular situation can the number of attendants necessary to assure personal service be determined.
Last minute surprises should not be a part of your well-planned event.
2. DO THEY HAVE FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE, INCLUDING WORKMAN'S COMPENSATION, AND CAN THEY NAME YOU AS ADDITIONAL INSURED?
Any company with proper liability coverage can provide a certificate of insurance to you or your insurance company.
3. ARE THE DEDUCTIBLES ON THIS COVERAGE MODEST RELATIVE TO THE PARKING COMPANY'S RESOURCES?
Are you sure you are not expected to share in the liability? Ask questions about liability and responsibility before you contract with any company.
4. DO THEY PROVIDE VERIFIABLE REFERENCES FROM PAST CLIENTS AND CUSTOMERS?
Can anyone else tell you that they provide quality service consistently and that they honor their commitments?
5. DO THEY STIPULATE THE EXACT UNIFORMS TO BE WORN BY EMPLOYEES? Have they provided pictures of his staff uniforms?
Are you sure the attendants are going to arrive in the agreed upon attire?
6. DO THEY STIPULATE AN ACTUAL NUMBER OF ATTENDANTS THEY WILL PROVIDE OR DO THEY JUST TELL YOU WHAT IT WOULD COST?
You need to know both. You defeat your purpose when you allow fewer attendants than necessary to accommodate your guest list. Is the recommended guest/attendant ratio sufficient?
7. DO THEY HAVE THE NECESSARY AND PROPER EQUIPMENT AND CREDENTIALS INCLUDING STATE OR MUNICIPAL PERMITS AND LICENSES FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?
The Police Department can and will cite you for their illegal activities, resulting in large fines you may have to pay, not them.
8. DO THEY PUT IT ALL IN WRITING?
Reputable contractors will provide a written agreement to protect you, them and your guests.
9. ARE THEIR EMPLOYEES TRAINED AND DO THEY DO THIS WORK REGULARLY? ARE THEY EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS - OR SOMETHING LESS?
If the contractor has regular service accounts, it means they have a trained labor pool to draw from.
10. CAN THEY TELL YOU HOW THEY ARE GOING TO PERFORM THE SERVICES YOU ARE PAYING FOR?
Where are the vehicles going to be parked - how are the arriving guests going to be handled? What system will they use? Do they even have a system?